Saturday 19 October 2013

Clockwork Princess

Posted by Rebecca at 04:27


My Book Review 


Why did you select this book? Did you have any expectations?

I picked this book because i am a big fan of the author's, Cassandra Clare , various novels. Upon embarking on reading the mortal instruments i fell in love with her novels and style of writing and carried on to read her prequel, The infernal Devices. This is the third and final book in the series.  I expected it to be a brilliant book and it has lived up to its expectation so far. I have not completed it yet but have read about three quarters of the way. I also expect to find out who Tessa chooses will it be Will or Jem? only time will tell.

Genre of the book and Author.

She is an Author of young adult fiction. And writes in the genre of Fiction.

Plot outline.

The book is set in the Victorian England era. Tessa has been sent to England to live with her Brother as her aunt as died. She leaves New York with little more than the clothes on her back. She believes her brother is collecting her but is surprised by the appearance of the dark sisters. She was held captive by the dark sisters believing if she didn't do as they said Nate, her brother, would be killed. That was until she was rescued by Will Herondale. A Shadowhunter from the London Institute. The tale continues through the three books delving into the choices Tessa must make that affect everyone around her and even the whole world.

A Character I found interesting.

I found the character of Will Herondale to be very interesting. He's very interesting to me because of the struggles he has to deal with including hiding his love for Tessa. At first I didn't really like him because of his attitude, but the more i learned about his background the more i fell in love with this character. 

What style of writing does the author have?

Cassandra has a very descriptive style of writing to me. The detail she gives in her books allows me to really feel as if i was there. She also leaves a lot of cliff hangers through out the novel creating a heightened feeling of suspense.

Insight into the cultural context

As the book is set in Victorian England it is a world very different to ours. Its a world of the horse and carriage and large frocks.  I would not liked to have lived in this world unless i was a higher class citizen. In the lower class a girl would get better pay depending oh how pretty she was. The pretty maids were parlor maids who served the house guests. But the others would work in the kitchen or clean the house for less pay because of their looks.  Due to this fact I would not like to live in Victorian England.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

My TY experience :) Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review